[Nitro] Nitro + Og 0.25.0 Og scope, dynamic finders, evolution, helpers, bug fixes

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:58:50 EST 2005

* Dynamic auto generators, you can now query the database in

 User.find_by_name_and_age('gmosx', 'age')

I take it you are using #method_missing to implement this feature?

While I have to say that it's very cool, at the same time I am little
uneasy about it too. Maybe it's unfounded but the reason I say that is
that natural langauge can be a bit ambigious. In other words how do I
know what's legal syntax or not and how it will be interpreted

In the spirit of Ruby wouldn't a notion like this be preferable?

  User.find_by { |usr| usr.name = 'gmox' and usr.age = 'age' }

Or can that already be done?