[Nitro] Idea for improving performance

Rob Pitt rob at motionpath.com
Wed Nov 16 11:58:30 EST 2005

Hello there,

I think that Og should only write back to the database fields that have
changed. Every object could keep an array containing the state of each
field (modified, or not) and the setter methods could modify the array.
It could also be implemented by having the array store the modified
properties, pushing the properties into the array when they are
modified. You could then use eval to completely remove the logic that
does this from the setter method causing minimal overhead.

This is a feature I expect would improve performance noticably. This is
just two ideas on how it could be done... what do you think?