[Nitro] Feedback and one question

Chris Farmiloe chris at motionpath.com
Mon Nov 14 04:26:13 EST 2005

Hi ya;

> While implementing a simple user authentication, I was stuck with a
> problem that I couldn't solve. I needed to know which action was
> called in a pre_ action filter. Do you have any ideas ?

@action_name contains the current action ... if your pre aspect
is calling a private controller method (sure it would be) then
that instance var will defiantly be available for the duration of the

<?= syntax should be <?r= really anyway ... but just use #{} to
render variables / eval code. guess the template compiler could
transform <?r= ?> into text renders ... personaly wouldn't use them,
but each to their own :)

Chris Farmiloe
Design & Development.

Motionpath Digital Media Ltd.
St Georges road, Brighton, BN2 1ED.
Office: 01273 608708    |    Mobile:    07791 179481