[Nitro] request mangling

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Thu Nov 10 11:16:33 EST 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:
>>This strikes me a Bad Thing, something that should be handled at the
>>application level.  Compulsory rewrites leave a bad taste in my mouth.
>

> Ok James, do you have any suggestions, how to improve this? I 'll try
> to think of something better my self, nut I would like some input.

Oh, well, it's so much easier to gripe than patch.

:)

No, I don't have anything concrete to offer, though some form of
DirectoryIndex for Nitro feature would be nice.

It seems that this 'rewrite to index.html' only happens in WEBrick; is
this because other runners have their own means for URL rewriting and/or
setting the directory index?

A nice syntax might allow for passing this value into the runner in
run.rb, but then it may have to play nice with all adapters, not just
WEBrick.

James Britt