[Nitro] class CgiUtils missing?

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Nov 1 02:29:03 EST 2005

Fabian Buch wrote:
> Am 29.10.2005 um 20:59 schrieb George Moschovitis:
>>>Anyway, thanks that you'll have a look into the CGI adapter.
>>If you rename CgiUtils tou Cgi in adapter/cgi.rb it will work!
> Okay, did that. Now I get the following:

Is there a real solution for this?

I really want to get some Nitro apps up and running, as CGI under Apache
2, but while code runs fine on Windows, it barfs on Linux.

I've tried some hacks; apparently, if you change CgiUtils to Cgi in
adapter/cgi.rb , then a later call to cgi.env fails; cgi itself is
something of a header hash, so I copied it and passed it on to
context.headers (which the call that broke).

Later code then fails when trying to extract certain header values that
are empty; the call to downcase never checks if the target is not nil.

And forcing an empty header to an empty string then makes the next call
to intern break.  Trying to stomp on each error as it comes up after
hacking the previous error ultimately doesn't work, because my
index.xhtml file now renders like crap, because an action that used to
return an XML string for some DHTML transclusion now returns the entire
main page.  Seems something else in Nitro has changed besides the CGI

Anyway, some suggestions on getting a real solution for the CGI issue
would be much appreciated.

My current working solution is:

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'nitro', '<0.24.0'