Fwd: [Nitro] Not expected behavior

James Britt jamesUNDERBARb at neurogami.com
Sat Mar 19 09:12:57 EST 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:
> [...]

I had started wondering if I was supposed to inherit or extend a class,
which is one way to explicitly indicate a class should be enchanted or
managed.

One the one hand, the idea that all classes magically acquire certain
persistence methods is rather nice.  On the other, maybe this isn't what
one wants (for example, you have other objects with a 'save' method and
they behave differently).

Since one has to use 'property' or 'prop_*'  methods to indicate what
fields are to be saved, could the call to Og.manage( class) be hooked
into those?  Whenever Og sees that some class is calling a prop_*
method, it marks the class for enchantment?

Thanks,

James