[Nitro] Scaffold And Inifite Redirect Loops

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:53:42 EST 2005

Hello dan,

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:02:13 -0600, Dan Yoder <dan at zeraweb.com> wrote:
> I am using scaffold in my controller and I am getting an infinite loop:

Again you are not filling the output buffer. At the moment the
scaffolder generates the following code:

def index
  list
end

def list
  @entries = Object.all(...)
end

You have to provide either a template (index.xhtml) that renders the
@entries collection
as html or overload the index or list actions.

Btw, I 'll rethink the autoredirect feature in the next version, and
add an extra check to avoid infinite loops (I added a check for the
infinite loop in the creat_db method).

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

regards,
George.

ps: I 'll probably make a pre-release of 0.14.0 available in the nitro
homepage tommorow.

--
http://nitro.rubyforge.org
http://www.joy.gr