[Nitro] What do you think?

James Britt jamesUNDERBARb at neurogami.com
Thu Mar 10 09:46:23 EST 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:
> I am planning some changes for Nitro/Og and I would like
> your opinion. Check out:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1782

I tend to prefer being able to use more or less standard file
extensions, as editors know how to do The Right Thing.  (Which is also
why I prefer that (x)html templates use PI syntax (<? ?>) ratchet than
ASP/ERB syntax (<%%>for embedded commands)

But perhaps this can be configurable?

Separate gems might be nice, too.  Hard to say given my very limited us
of Og/Nitro.   But as a general rule I prefer independent tools, each
usable on their own, hooked together.   One issue I have with Rails is
that, despite the availability of separate gems, it is resented as a
monolithic application library; for example, I have to download and
install ActiveMailer ever though I've yet to have a use for it.

James