[Nitro] Basic Stuff...

Emmanuel Piperakis epiperak at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Jun 23 05:07:37 EDT 2005

Does Nitro support dynamic forms?

Let me explain a bit what I mean:
I have to create something like an excel worksheet; the user will input
some number in the (lets say) tenant form (rent, expenses, etc) and then I
would like to have a form that I can connect eg the Total_Rent field of
the form Cashflow to the sum of all tenants' rents...

I was thinking of a form where on the left part I have a pull down
combobox with all the available variables that I could assign values to,
then = to another combobox with fields like SUM, SUMIF, then third field
with available "sumable" fields from other classes eg Tenant.rent
Tenant.utility_charges, and so on...

This would be like creating a function in excel, but instead in would be
with nitro. Do you think is is possible to do so? If yes, do I have to use
Ajax architecture to update the form on the fly, (eg to add one more row
with another function I press a + sign or something, new row is inserted,
with corresponding Var = FUNCTION Parameters comboboxes)

Thank you for you time :-)

Emmanouil Piperakis (epiperak at cs.ntua.gr)
{To explore is Human, to Create is Devine,
  To teach is Primal, to Rule is Sin}