[Nitro] Basic Stuff...

Emmanuel Piperakis epiperak at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 22 06:02:40 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,
I have some basic questions. I am new to Ruby, very new to Nitro, and and
some some experience with Rails. I built an app in Rails, and new my
version 2 has to be in Nitro. I am a relatively experienced java
developer. I give you my background so that you can answer to my questions
appropriatly :-)

So, let me begin:
1) How does the controller connect to the view? In the blog example does
each function in the controller correspond to a view file with the same
filename as the function name? (like in rails?)

2) Must there be one controller per table in the db? (I guess not based on
the examples, but I must ask)

3) in the run.rb file of blog example: I understand the Localization and
Og setup directives, but not the rest.
3a) Where is the api for the Rendering? what is a shader? and why does it
get passed the LocalizationShader?
3b) The dispatcher starts 3 controllers? Is the first a default AKA :root?
and the rest are named 'xml' and 'api'. Are these specific names denoting
something? What is the ApiController for? I can not see it being used
somewhere. What is the XmlController for? Why do we need 3?

4) What conf. directives are there and where is the info about them?

Sorry for the basic type of questions, but I believe that not everything
is obvious to newbies like myself :-/

Thank you in advance..

Emmanouil Piperakis (epiperak at cs.ntua.gr)
{To explore is Human, to Create is Devine,
  To teach is Primal, to Rule is Sin}