[Nitro] A few questions

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Jun 19 08:04:59 EDT 2005

After looking a the tutorial, I have few questions:

1) Something rubs me the wrong way about the application dynamically creating
the database schema as needed.  In some environments, the db user for the
application may not even have permissions to create tables and columns.
Has any consideration been given to an option to simply generate a schema
generation script from the class information?

2) Is there anyway to specify "NOT NULL" without providing the SQL type?

3) Is there something magical about 'db', or does the Database object
effectively act like a singleton?  How does the object know it's bound to

4) When you save, how much does Og save?  Mostly I'm interested in the case of
A has_one/many B.  If I save A, will any dirty B objects be saved?