[Nitro] Idiomatic use for concise Ogging?

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:19:29 EDT 2005

Hello Aleksi,

> require 'rubygems'
> require_gem 'postgres-pr'
> require_gem 'og'

I suggest you put -rubygems in RUBYOPT and do just a require 'og',
looks cleaner.

> f = Foo.find_by_name("foo").first

You should use Og property metadata:

class Foo
  publice :name, String, :unique => true
  ..
end

now you get a better schmema generated (with a unique constrain) and
find_by_name is clever anough to return just one object instead of the array:

f = Foo.find_by_name('foo')

For a full solution how about:

b = Foo.create unless Foo.find_by_name('foo')

(I don't have access to irb at the moment to verify the above snippet,
but I think this  or something similar will work)

--
http://nitro.rubyforge.org
http://www.joy.gr