[Nitro] Re: Og scaffolding

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:00:19 EST 2005

> BTW, have you tried this:
>
> class Article
>    has_many :comments, Comment
>    property :name, String
>    property :age, Fixnum
> end
>
> The last time I tried it, it did not worked due to method #has_many not
> being declared. Would be nice if you could fix this.

As I said this happened because the variable:

Og.include_meta_language was set to false by default to avoid
Module polution. When you issued the first property, the metalanguage
was automatically included.

However the latest version sets this to true by default so your code
works out of the box. Try it!

> Why not Og::Property ?

Property is not exclusive to Og. It is used by Og.

> Hm, this shows :article_oid, which is IMO part of the belongs_to
> relation. I don't like this! I don't want to know every database column,
> only those properties and relations specified by the user (otherwise you
> should show :oid, too, but then, how would I distinugish between
> properties where the user can enter something, and automatically created
> properties, used for example for the relations).

hmm, ok will do something about this...

> > par[1].property
> > => :article_oid
>
> I'd expect something like:

> Does this make sense?

of course, this is almost exactly my implementation. It works
as you described (I 've in the meantime added the foreign_class alias)

-g

--
www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro
www.joy.gr