[Nitro] Creating an app with an exising database

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 03:28:04 EST 2005

At the moment there are two ways:

- the existing database should use the Og naming conventions, or
- you use low level sql queries.

I haven't tried it but I think you can use various options of the Og
metalanguage to adapt the naming conventions to much your existing
database. If you want, please email me your existing database schema
by email and I 'll show you how to do it (or add some extra options in
Og to do it).

Btw, the next version of Og introduces a total rewrite of the backends
system, now called adapters (in sync with nitro's adapters), with many
fixes/improvements to the psql/mysql adapters and a brand new sqlite3
adapter. I filesystem only adapter is also planned.

I also removed the no-deserialize mode, since it seems not that useful
in retrospect.

regards,
George.

www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro