[Nitro] Nitro Apache2 CGI/FCGI (again)

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Thu Dec 29 15:51:25 EST 2005

Kashia Buch wrote:
> Hi,
> trying to get nitro to run on apache. (lets hope I can successfully reply
> to myself again in a few minutes ;))
> error:
> DEBUG -- : Using memory sessions.
> [error] [client] malformed header from script. Bad header=nil:
> fcgi.rb
> INFO -- : Og uses the Psql store.
> and a error 500 to the browser ("Nitro failed to start properly")

I *believe* you should be able to run the cgi script form the command
line, which might give you some more useful error info.  The 'malformed
header' stuff is the ultimate in useless error messages.  It tends to
come from the actual error info being sent out to Apache, which  in turn
complains about the data not being all nice and header-like (while not
bothering to emit the actual bad header data in its message).