[Nitro] transform_template -> block

Peter Abrahamsen rainhead at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 19:57:53 EST 2005

This points to what I think is something that needs a bit of
refactoring in Nitro, which is how Templates are generated. I started
looking at them when some javascript I put in a page, something like:

alert("Booga Booga!\n");

failed because the \n was interpreted, not left as a literal as one
would expect in a template. This caused the javascript to fail, since
the string was then unterminated. It is an consequence of the way
templates are built by Nitro, namely, turned into one big string with
ruby script text interspersed. It seems like a hack, in a bad way.

What would be a better way to build templates?

Peter