[Nitro] iattr

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:06:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

Since Rails has defined cattr_xxx methods as accessors to class
variables, that name is not available to the more useful accessors for
class instance variables. Not wanting to conflict with Rails' Active
Support lib on the issue I'm leaning toward the use of iattr_xxx. Does
that sit reasonably well with others?

Note: I hanker not to include the mattr_xxx aliases for cattr_xxx.
Please don't use those. How often, if ever, have you heard class
varaibles (i.e. @@v) refered to as module variables? The whole alias
business somtimes just gets a little overboard IMHO.

Thoghts?

--
( o _  カラチ
 //    trans.