[Nitro] vandalized homepage

manveru ulmo at valaraan.de
Thu Aug 25 18:38:21 EDT 2005

Anastasios Koutoumanos wrote:

> TRANS wrote:
>> On 8/25/05, Martin Bernd Schmeil <bernd at bdebl.de> wrote:
>>> How about introducing authentification to the wiki? There are more
>>> attempts of vandalization than additions / updates....
>> What kind of validation do people prefer?
>>  - graphical text entry (what's this called again?)
>>  - IP validation
>>  - Memberships
>>  - Other?
>> T.
> why not try a combination, i.e.:
> 1. frequent users can register,
> 2. someone wishing to contribute should at least answer to a CAPTCHA
> or other kind or question
> 3. inform everyone that their contribution is logged (their ip, any
> other info we can get from their client's request)
> later we could add a moderation step if wewish, but i think it
> complicates things too much....
> Tasos
i agree with you, that's a good 3-level-system
level 0 guests, who can add entries, but have to answer that anti-bot
thing - these entries are not going to be added immediantly someone with
a higher level has to accept the modification.
level 1 - the normal registered user, he is allowed to post while logged
in under his name. They are also allowed to accept entries from level 0
- wich are afterwards under their resposibility and get their name
level 2 - moderator, can multi-delete entries by some criterias as
timespan/author/IP..., administrate users, ban user-ids/ips... whatever

i would love to have such a system :)