[Nitro] vandalized homepage

Anastasios Koutoumanos ak at navel.gr
Thu Aug 25 14:39:30 EDT 2005

TRANS wrote:

>On 8/25/05, Martin Bernd Schmeil <bernd at bdebl.de> wrote:
>

>>How about introducing authentification to the wiki? There are more
>>attempts of vandalization than additions / updates....
>>

>What kind of validation do people prefer?
>
>  - graphical text entry (what's this called again?)
>  - IP validation
>  - Memberships
>  - Other?
>
>T.

why not try a combination, i.e.:
1. frequent users can register,
2. someone wishing to contribute should at least answer to a CAPTCHA or
other kind or question
3. inform everyone that their contribution is logged (their ip, any
other info we can get from their client's request)

later we could add a moderation step if wewish, but i think it
complicates things too much....

Tasos

--
Navel, Greece
http://www.navel.gr  @@  +30 210 6898050

Navel does not accept liability for any errors, viruses or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. The full corporate policy is available on our web site.