[Nitro] Og::Store

Ysabel deb at ysabel.org
Tue Aug 23 09:13:48 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:35 AM +0300 George Moschovitis
<george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On first sight, this looks great :) Can you make this code (at least
> the mysql adapter) plug into the rest of the Og infrastructure? Then I
> can work on the sqlite/psql adapters. If we can also get the kirby
> adapter running this would be great!

I'll work on that.  The Kirby adapter should work already for basic stuff,
but it needs more functional tests.  All I have in there right now is
create some objects, make sure they exist in the KirbyBase, and then do a
basic find and make sure we get back what we expect.

I'll probably also do a quick sketch of both the sqlite and the psql
adapters but I won't do much more than that; it'll give you an easy
starting point, they'll definitely both need functional tests to make sure
everything's covered.  Ideally anything that's used by more than one
adapter will be up in a higher level somewhere, possibly configured by one
of the db_features flags, so the DB-specific adapters can be really simple.

For the record, the functional tests require appropriate configuration and
permissions (e.g. the MySQL tests require a mysql user with permissions in
a test database) and so they won't be included by default in "rake test",
unlike the unit tests.  I'll make sure there's some docs on the subject.

[ deb at ysabel.org ]          - Ysabel -          [ http://www.ysabel.org/ ]