[Nitro] Trying Og example

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sun Aug 21 16:31:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:44:32PM +0300, George Moschovitis wrote:
> sorry for the late reply, I was camping on a mountain w/o
> net/telephone access :-)
> MySQL is well supported in Og. Mysql just needs a maximum length on blob keys.
> To make the example work just change the following line:
>   property :name, String, :unique => true
>   property :name, String, :uniq => true
> :uniq (unlike :unique) does not  force a unique constrain (ie key) on
> the generated table.
> Thanks for pointing this out though, I 'll improve the examle and mysql code.

OK, that works thanks. There are plenty of other bugs in the tutorial: I
started to fix some, but was left with others.

(Note that Mysql doesn't like VARCHAR2, you have to change to VARCHAR)

I'm currently stuck here:

# ** FIXME ** gives "wrong number of arguments (0 for 1) (ArgumentError)"
cat.add_post { |po|
     po.title = 'Title'
     po.body = 'Body'

What's the correct syntax to use?