[Nitro] Nuby templating question

alang at cronosys.com alang at cronosys.com
Wed Aug 17 18:31:25 EDT 2005

Quoting George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com>:

> They are removed to 'compress' output. Perhaps this 'feature' should
> be removed?
>
> -g.

I'm not thinking it's a big problem either way.  I can live without
them, I was
just experimenting with some funky page layouts with multiple templated
sections and was just wanting to make sure things were being loaded in the
desired order.  Perhaps down the road there could be a "crunch" option to
remove comments and extraneous whitespace to save on bandwidth.  (This
would be
a cool caching feature:  I was doing some (unrelated) XML work for a client of
ours recently and given the bandwidth limitations for data transfer, removing
the indenting whitespace halved the size of the transmission.  But since I'm
still a Nitro nuby mode I'm not going to worry about it right now :)