[Nitro] Problems with templates

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Fri Aug 5 08:42:48 EDT 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Hello,
> In your case, you probably want to do:
> def my_action
> end
> alias_action :index, :my_action
> anyway, you are probably looking for:
> def index
> end
> action :index, :view => 'your view...'
> I should probably add a render template method though.

Hm, the problem is, that it always goes through the dispatcher. Or am I
wrong? A template always needs an associated controller.

But I'd like for example to use a Page Element, which renders some
templates. I just want to use template-files instead of embedding the
HTML inside the Ruby code. But using <render href=""> does not work as
expected, as it requires a mounted controller.