[Nitro] My Nitro powered Blog

Anastasios Koutoumanos ak at navel.gr
Tue Aug 2 11:59:35 EDT 2005

Jeff Lindsay wrote:

>So you're running two web servers?

yes! webrick will answer to all requests for dynamic pages, which will
be cached for future requests (as static html pages). apache will serve
all requests for static files (media and cached html pages).

tasos

>On 8/1/05, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>FYI, I like the theme in the examples blog better than this overdone
>>>round blue theme :)
>>>

>>Oh, it is FULLY themable :)
>>

>>>Also, what's your deployment look like (Webrick, FastCGI, ?)?  Did
>>>you have a look at the FCGI problem I had with web services?  If I
>>>could get around that issue, you'd not be the only blog running on
>>>Nitro/Og...
>>>

>>The blog runs using Webrick, Og in thread safe mode, output caching is
>>enabled, and an Apache server handles the static files.
>>
>>The fix will be available in 0.22.0 but I 'll probably release some
>>preview gems in the next days, stay tuned!
>>
>>regards,
>>George.
>>
>>--
>>http://www.nitrohq.com

Navel, Greece
http://www.navel.gr  @@  +30 210 6898050

Navel does not accept liability for any errors, viruses or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. The full corporate policy is available on our web site.