[Nitro] [OG] - Automated table modification / extension

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:01:51 EDT 2005

> Adding a new field is relatively clean, so
> it dropping one.  But renaming a field looks like a drop and an add, and a
> naieve implementation will loose data rather than rename the field as
> desired.

As I said, I had a version that handled some trivial and some not so
trivial cases. I haven thought a lot about this lately. I 'll review
Ilias suggestion though.

> For now, I believe that you have to manually update changes to the table
> structure once Og has created it.

Yeap, for the moment you have to manually update the field(s). But
this is typicaly relatively easy to do.

-g.

--
http://nitro.rubyforge.org