[Nitro] Og update

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Fri Apr 22 11:20:57 EDT 2005

craig duncan wrote:
> George Moschovitis wrote:
>
>> Can you explain more what you want? An advantage of Og over AR is that
>> it automatically creates the correct schema for the associations (or
>> Relations as they are called in Og). The same happens with Mixins. For
>> example, Og automatically creates the table columns to support the
>> nested_sets pattern, thus fully encapsulating the pattern.
>>
>> -g.
>

> a) i want something that's documented (reasonably well) so that even if
[...]

> It's a truism
> but anyone who knows how something works too well and/or learned it too
> long ago, is virtually incapable of doing good documentation, because
> they skip over too much that is so obvious to them that it exists
> beneath the level of conscious awareness.

I like to remember Mr. Moschovitis what I've told him a few weeks before
subjecting documentation.

"your documentation cannot be good. Please assist me to make the
jamPersist evaluation, which can serve as an intro tutorial.".

-

I will make a document similar to this:

http://lazaridis.com/case/persist/schevo.html

when the "auto-restructure" option is available within OG.

The evaluation will work with a hassle-free bundled SQLite3 database -
download and run.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com