[Nitro] Og update

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Thu Apr 21 16:58:06 EDT 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am planning an extensive update of the Og library. The api changes
> will be minimal, but the new implementation will allow for some
> *important* and some 'cool' new features.
> Now is the time to send me your suggestions about things that are not
> great in the current version, or ideas for new features. I plan to
> work on this over the weekend.

I've not spent enough time with Og to say too much, but recent
discussions on object persistence and revival had me wondering if the
dominant model for the data was objects or relational database.

This question was particularly prominent when trying to use the file
system adapter.  There didn't seem to be any support for raw SQL, and I
wondered if that wasn't the wrong direction anyway.  Better perhaps if
there was a Ruby-style API for finding, updating, etc. That a database
was used as the back end would be hidden.

James