[Nitro] Concerns over Og mandating the form of initialize

Emmanuel Piperakis epiperak at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Apr 14 21:38:25 EDT 2005

> If the the idea is use data (which may or may not have come from a
> previously existing object) to drive the creation of objects, then
> initialize may be needed because that is where internal state may set up
> and validity checks performed.

I believe I understand. Lets say I use Nitro to make a DB, then edit the
DB outside Nitro, with lets say phpMyAdmin, or directly with SQL and I
add a column, or a new table to my DB, then run my Nitro application again.

What happens then... (rough example)...?

James I understand your concerns. My reply would be that the "Nitro
Concept" is to do everything through Nitro. In that case there would be no
problem.... I guess...

Emmanouil Piperakis (epiperak at cs.ntua.gr)
{To explore is Human, to Create is Devine,
 To teach is Primal, to Rule is Sin}