[Nitro] AOP with nitro

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Mon Apr 11 12:47:52 EDT 2005

Anastasios Koutoumanos wrote:
> George Moschovitis wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to introduce some AOP concepts in the next version of
>> Nitro. Any suggestion for a good AOP library for ruby?
>>
>> regards,
>> George.
>>

> My opinion is that rather than new features/concepts/etc. we need to
> freeze the Nitro features, fix the documentation, and only write new
> code for absolutely necessary missing parts!

I'm tempted to agree with this, but now is better than later for getting
in any worthwhile additions with the least concern for breaking things.

If AOP can help simplify the API and object model, such that adding more
features does not require API changes, that would be worth waiting for.
  Depending, of course, and just how long is the wait.

I'd would ask, though, that certain naming conventions be nailed down,
even if APIs may change.   I think, for example, that both Component and
Controller classes are really the same thing, and that they may both end
up being called something else.  And the template file extension names,
too, need clarification.

James