[Nitro] File adapter for Og

Dan Yoder dan at zeraweb.com
Tue Apr 5 17:08:05 EDT 2005

I would like to stress how badly needed this kind of documentation is
... i realize, of course, that i am stating the obvious, and the
equally obvious response is to do like james and write some of it.
unfortunately, i don't have the time (at least right now) to do this,
and the lack of documentation is making it difficult to make progress
with nitro.

so what i am wondering is where is this on the agenda? what is the
estimated time frame for this? are there other folks working actively
on documentation? is there a to do list?

again, please understand this is in NO WAY meant to slam the current
effort. g & co are doing great work moving this forward and it is great
to see the activity on the list picking up. i am just asking the
questions to try and better understand where we are at. =)

p.s. one thought i have is a similar tutorial in the spirit of what
james is doing, but converting a rails app to nitro. this could also
address why you might want to do such a thing. =) i could potentially
write or contribute to this, since that is a big part of my struggle.

p.p.s. another rails-related thought: i think a lot of the
documentation for rails is actually pretty weak. there is plenty of it,
but some of it is badly out of date and there are a lot of really basic
kinds of things that are not addressed well. i think a really strong
set of tutorials and cookbooks could really help nitro's adoption.