[Nitro] File adapter for Og

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Apr 5 16:52:15 EDT 2005

I'm slowly building up a Nitro tutorial.  It starts from the
snake-simple, gradually adding in more Nitro features.  The premise is
that one can start with mocked-out plain HTML, add in some templating,
then actual Ruby code, and gradually get more complex, all based on the
actual needs of the application.  There is no de facto presumption of a
database (or any storage, for that matter) until such time that a need
is demonstrated.

I've yet to get to any mention of Og, but I started thinking about how
one might ease into the use of a database, and figured that the file
system would make the best first choice.  I see there is a
FilesysAdapter class, which is sweet.  But the comments say it is "proof
of concept and at the moment severely limited."

What's missing or broken?  And what's the forecast?

Has anyone used this and can comment on it?