[Mongrel] mongrel_service on Windows Server 2008 R2 /w Run As User

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 09:53:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Ralf Vitasek <neongrau at gmail.com> wrote:
> if i'd knew what.
> mongrel starts fine when started on the command line with the same use.

Please open a GitHub issue for better documentation, I promise will tackle it :)

> servicefb.log:
> _initialize() constructor
> _initialize() constructor done
> ServiceProcess(new_name)
> ServiceProcess(new_name) done
> ServiceHost()
> ServiceHost() done
> ServiceHost.Add()
> _add_to_references()
> _add_to_references() done
> ServiceHost.Add() done
> ServiceController.RunMode()
> CurrentPID: 1688
> ParentPID: 624
> Error with OpenProcess
> GetLastError: 0Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

It is clear that is having problems opening the process.

Can you try out the newer beta?

gem install mongrel_service --pre

And then try to remove and register with the new service.

On the new beta we handle much better parent process detection (or at
least try to be less smart).

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry