[Mongrel] VirtualHost like in the Apache-PHP world

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:29:59 EDT 2010

On 25 Mar 2010, at 14:34, Nagy Tamás wrote:

> Thank you Hassan, James!
>
> So i will need one mongrel per domain. I think I can't carry out this because I have a thousands of domains.

That sounds like a recipe for out of memory errors and cross-application errors taking down the whole set at the same time. It also sounds like it's better suited to passenger.

> I think i will try the rack-thing James mentioned. I assume i can't run individual ruby script files but whole apps, one app for one domain.

You can load whatever you like, and run anything that responds to #call, in the standard rack manner. What you won't be able to do, is load different versions of dependencies into the same process and expect to be bug free.