[Mongrel] [ANN] mongrel_service 0.4.beta2 Released
luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 16:46:50 EST 2010
mongrel_service version 0.4.beta2 has been released!
This plugin offer native win32 services for rails.
This replace mongrel_rails_service.
Since this is a pre-release gem, you can install it with:
gem install mongrel_service --prerelease
If no bug is found, expect an final release next week.
### 0.4.beta2 / 2010-01-01
* Removed win32-service dependency, making mongrel_service more portable
between Ruby implementations on Windows (One-Click and RubyInstaller)
* Now mongrel log files are written to the path specified by --log option.
Contribution by Daniel Gies (BigFix). Closes #44.
* Wait longer for child process terminate properly (max 20 seconds).
Imported tests from RubyServices project. Closes #18.
* Workaround Windows 2008 process detection issues forcing 'service'
initialization parameter. Closes #54. [papillon]
* Updated ServiceFB to work with FB > 0.18.
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
More information about the Mongrel-users