[Mongrel] Using mongrel_rails: Can't install Redmine as win2003 service

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:55:16 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Anton Andriyevskyy <x.meglio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis. Thanks for help, it worked with old version of win32-service.
> Does this mean I'll be not able to run both win32-service versions together
> to keep another ruby-applications working which requires win32-service 0.6+
> ?

mongrel_service uses "gem" method to lock to one specific version of
win32-service.

Seems is not working as expected, which could be due an old RubyGems version.

Please update to latest RubyGems 1.3.5.

I don't have too much time now to update mongrel_service, but if you
want make it API compatible with latest win32-service, I'll happily
apply the patches and make a new release.

The repository is here:

http://github.com/fauna/mongrel_service
--
Luis Lavena