[Mongrel] Problems with mongrel_service and used account
mliebelt at web.de
Sat Nov 21 04:24:55 EST 2009
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:32:02 +0100, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Markus Liebelt <mliebelt at web.de> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> I try to use in a rails application that is installed with
>> on windows the win32ole API to access Outlook appointments. This works
>> well when started from the command line, but does not work when started
>> a service.
>> What should I check in which order to trap down the error?
> Hello Markus,
> Services run without privileges for certain things, like create
> objects and such.
> Since you're executing from the command line and work, means that your
> user has access to these OLE objects.
> There are two options:
> 1) Configure the service to run under the same user account (that can
> be done from the services management interface)
I just tried that. See my question on Stackoverflow
and the hint of Mr. Doggen that this may not work with Outlook.
I have tested it again with the correct user account and it did not work
either. So I found the workaround:
Start a small script like
ruby script\runner 'AppointmentController.new.refresh_no_redirect'
> 2) Determine the issue using psexec.
> Try to lower the privileges of the prompt and execute the exact same
> command line.
> The tools you need are psexec, as I mentioned here:
> See that thread for details.
I did not tried that, thank's anyway for the recommendation.
> Please also include in your reply information about your OS (32bits or
> 64bits), versions of Ruby and the gems installed too.
Well, I don't think that they matter here. I use Windows XP (32bit), ruby
1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]
> There is a known issue with 64bits Windows that was solved in latest
> gem release, just in case.
Thank's a lot for your hints.
More information about the Mongrel-users