[Mongrel] mulitiple rails application with different domain name

Rafael G. rgo at aspgems.com
Fri Nov 13 08:04:50 EST 2009

Geetha Sg wrote:
> Rafael García wrote:

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> let me know how to do that.. i am very basic of ruby hosting..
>>>

>> I give you two templates that you can use to configure your server
>> replacing "foo" with your data, and the ports with your mongrel ports.
>>
>> If you don't understand something it's explained in apache documentation
>> very well: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/
>>
>> Regards!
>>

>> --
>> Rafa
>>

> should i create the  apache_vhost_mongrel_cluster.conf   for both
> applications
>
> I'm using slackware os.
>
> pls help

I recommend you to try the simple vhost example gist, after I you need
more try the other "complex" gist.

I suposse that you're using this file as vhost configuration file(I find
it there in my slackware):

        /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

You can paste this code ( I don't tested it but you get the idea and
perhaps works fine):

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName maths.exam.info
   DocumentRoot /srv/maths.com/www

   ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8000/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName grammar.exam.info
   DocumentRoot /srv/grammar.com/www

   ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8003/

</VirtualHost>

I personally (and many people) separate vhosts for domains or applications.
But in your case do it when you understand how it works and what do
every directive(apache doc for it).

Remember: www directory should be a rails_root/public link

--
Rafa