[Mongrel] mongrel server core dump on Sun Solaris

Ryan Glover lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri May 15 08:03:12 EDT 2009

Kirk Haines wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Ryan Glover <lists at ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> Liao,
>> Did you ever figure this out? I am having this same issue and can not
>> figure it out.
> Use gdb to get a stack trace and see where the code is at when it
> crashes.
> If this happens reliably, you might also use strace to trace what is
> happening right before it dumps core.
> Kirk Haines

When I do mongrel_rails start the first request to the server goes off
w/o a hitch. However, the second request to the server seems to time out
and core dumps.

Running truss mongrel_rails start results in the same behaviour and
truss output ends with

Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS %pc = 0xFEE7EE96
  siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x8A24EE70
Received signal $11, SIGSEGV [caught]
  siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x8A24E270