[Mongrel] Can you make Mongrel listen on a specific IP

John Nestoriak lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Mar 5 12:33:46 EST 2009

Shared hosting environment where each domain has it's own IP. Some use
mongrel server to run their rails apps. Mongrels of course listen on
their own port. But ...

If client1.com has a mongrel listening on 12001 you can go to
client2.com:12001 and see client1's site.

Not a huge issue but it's kinda funky.

I don't see an ip in mongrel's startup options but perhaps I'm missing a
way to get the mongrel server to only listen on a specific ip address.

Or has anyone else run into this and come up with a good solution?