[Mongrel] advice for jetty setup?

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Fri Jun 19 11:20:47 EDT 2009

Are any of you guys in fact using jetty for deploying a
publically-available version of blacklight?

Using the demo app, can anyone give me some advice for ensuring that
jetty automatically starts on machine bootup (or when the rails app is
started?)  I know how to make a rails app deployed with mongrel start up
automatically, not sure how to get the jetty-deployed Solr to do the same.

Thanks a lot for any advice. I will happily write up some documentation
(on the wiki?) for others coming along who might have the same question.

Also, am I right that for an ultimate production deployment, jetty would
not be reccommended, it's really just for testing?