[Mongrel] Mongrel crashes while running 'exec' through ruby.

Tahir Rauf lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 11 02:56:24 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a ruby on rails application and in the controller, I try to run a
shell script using exec command

like this

---
variable = 'sh /home/abc.sh'
exec variable
---

But when the control comes at this line, the mongrel server immediately
crashes, and when I check its status its says "missing pid file".

The shell script contains nothing wrong, it works fine on the linux
console, I have also commented everything in that shell script and put
just a single variable declaration, but even then the serer crashes..

Any Ideas, or is there any other way to run a shell script using ruby on
rails ??

Thanks in advance..

Tahir Rauf