[Mongrel] MONGREL HANDLER

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:53:54 EST 2009

Hmm, I've never had this problem with a Mongrel in front of Rails via
Apache, using the standard Apache mod_proxy reverse proxy setup for
apache and mongrel.

My guess is that that mod_proxy in apache will automatically set
X-FORWARDED-FOR without the need for any special setup beyond the
reverse proxy setup; and that Rails will also automatically use that
x-ff header.  But I've never looked into it, because I didn't need, it
just worked.

If you are not using apache and/or not using Rails, your mileage may
very. What is your environment?

Jonathan