[Mongrel] how can I disable the rails logging in development?

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:01:11 EST 2009

I've had no trouble disabling Rails logging using mongrel.

In fact, I specifically do what you asked, turn off the SQL logging in
development. I do it with these lines in my development.rb:

  ar_logger = config.logger.clone
  ar_logger.level = Logger::INFO
  ActiveRecord::Base.logger = ar_logger

Works fine for me in Rails 2.1.  I believe it used to work fine for me
in Rails 1.x too. Using mongrel yeah, no problem.

So I'm not sure what problem you're having, but I don't think it's
universal to mongrel.

Jonathan