[Mongrel] Shared memory across mongrels

Evan Weaver evan at cloudbur.st
Tue Apr 28 12:00:55 EDT 2009

There is no such facility. Passenger can't do it either, copy-on-write
is an optimization, not a shared memory space.

Using a local memcached instance is the easiest way.

Multithreading is not shared memory across processes, but might give
you enough throughput that you only need to run one mongrel; then the
threads themselves will all share the same heap.