[Mongrel] mongrel cluster configuration

joshua at crackcreative.com joshua at crackcreative.com
Tue Sep 30 16:34:58 EDT 2008

So I'm using ec2onrails which launches mongrels like:

mongrel_rails cluster::start -C /etc/mongrel_cluster/app.yml -clean $*

Where app.yml looks like this:

user: app
cwd: /mnt/app/current
port: "8000"
environment: production
daemon: true
pid_file: log/mongrel.pid
servers: 6
group: app

The question is, I have installed the mongrel upload_progress plugin,
and according to the docs I need it to read a script (mongrel.config)
in the config folder of my app:

uri "/",
   :handler => plugin("/handlers/upload",
   	:frequency => 1,
	:drb => 'druby://',
	:path_info => ['/assets.js']),
   :in_front => true

The docs say to use a command like "mongrel_rails start -S config/
mongrel.config", which works when I hack it into the local rails
script/server process, however the -S options doesn't appear to be
valid for for the mongrel cluster::start command.  Can this
information be put in the app.yml file somehow?  Is there a way to get
the cluster to read the script file?