[Mongrel] offline/local install of mongrel_service

Zainab Memon lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Sep 17 11:14:45 EDT 2008

I am trying to install mongrel_service 0.3.4 on a server that does not
have any outside internet connection.  It has ruby 1.8.6 and I have been
installing gems by copying the source into
..\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems and then doing a gem install --local
using the .gem file.  I was able to find and install all the gem
dependencies of mongrel_service through rubyforge except win32-service
which required version 0.5.2, which was not readily available through
rubyforge's win32 utilities page
(http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85).  I ended up finding the gem
win32-service-0.5.2-mswin32.gem I needed through google
(http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/15355/win32-service-0.5.2-mswin32.gem)
but I suspect if might have been corrupted.  I installed this gem, then
installed mongrel_service.  After installing mongrel_service there is no
mongrel_service.exe  in ..\ruby\bin.  Does anyone have any suggestions
as to how I can successfully install mongrel_service?

thanks!