[Mongrel] Mongrel_Cluster unable to access OCI8 library

Filipe Lautert filipe at icewall.org
Wed Oct 1 22:34:34 EDT 2008

When I run as user, my .bashrc has the following line:

source
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh

At the server, my mongrel_rails script sets the ORACLE_HOME variable
(zealots, beware, this hack is really ugly):

more /usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
#
# This file was generated by RubyGems.
#
# The application 'mongrel' is installed as part of a gem, and
# this file is here to facilitate running it.
#

require 'rubygems'

version = ">= 0"

ENV['ORACLE_HOME'] = '/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server'

if ARGV.first =~ /^_(.*)_$/ and Gem::Version.correct? $1 then
   version = $1
   ARGV.shift
end

gem 'mongrel', version