[Mongrel] Mongrel_Cluster unable to access OCI8 library

Greg Clarke gregbclarke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:17:41 EDT 2008

.bashrc runs for interactive shells only.

To see your full set of interactive env vars enter:

env | sort

You could view and set env vars in the script that is called at boot
time to start the mongrels.

Inside that script you can examine the process's environment variables
(echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH  to the log) and set them using the same syntax
as in the .bashrc.

I expect you will also have to set some other Oracle-related env vars
- grep for ORACLE amongst your env vars to see what you are using

All this should be pretty straightforward to your Oracle DBA if you
have one around.