[Mongrel] god - start command exited with non-zero code = 1

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Mon May 19 21:26:10 EDT 2008

Quoting Arfon Smith <lists at ruby-forum.com>:
> The weird thing is that if I try use the exact same command as god is
> using but on the command line then the mongrel starts back up.

That smells like a difference in environment. Are you using full paths
in your god script? Are there any other things that might need
tweaking? For example, I have a Rails mongrel server that use Oracle
as the database. To start it, I need to set $ORACLE_HOME, add some
stuff to $PATH, and to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Cynthia Kiser