[Mongrel] god - start command exited with non-zero code = 1

Arfon Smith lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon May 19 17:47:22 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm trying to use god to monitor my mongrels.  When they are running
everything looks OK but when a mongrel process dies and god tries to
restart it I get the following error:

command exited with non-zero code = 1

The weird thing is that if I try use the exact same command as god is
using but on the command line then the mongrel starts back up.

I've seen this error reported a couple of times but no-one ever seems to
get an answer!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?!

Cheers

arfon